1. Walking everywhere! I know it’s a contradiction to what I am looking forward to back home, but I’m glad we’ve gotten to know the city better by having to look at maps of the metro and bus routes to figure out where we are going. It takes much longer to get anywhere but it’s worked out well.
2. The city in general. I know I grew up in a small town but I like living in a city. I enjoy having close access to stores, restaurants, people, etc.
3. La Vega- the central market where we go every week or two to buy our produce and fresh fish. Kent has gotten good in cutting it up for sushi. The prices are amazing so I am sure I’ll be comparing it to what I am paying for things back home.
4. Our church and the people we’ve met there. They have treated us like family and we’ve only been here since January. They are the most welcoming church I have been to.
5. The Andes mountains in the summer and winter. From our apartment we have a beautiful view.
I lost my list, and my blog was down for a couple of days. Thankfully my friend Dawn got me going again. (Dawn is pictured below) Thank you Dawn! I’m leaving tomorrow but have other posts in the queue. They’ll be out soon.